I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Day yesterday! If your life centered around the Astros organization, you didn't. But, I hope the majority of you focused on your mother's so you could enjoy it. Not a whole lot of winning went down yesterday. Most pitchers didn't even show up it seemed.
But, the bats in Lexington showed up in a big way. They didn't pull out the win, but the hit. The unknown Emilio King hit his second home run in as many games and has many of you scrambling to learn what you can about him. The short of it is that he hasn't hit at really any level. But, defensively, he's solid, mostly because of a very strong arm. He took out the best prospect in baseball in Bryce Harper at third base from the outfield, so that will get you some recognition.
Another Lexington bat I want to discuss is Delino DeShields Jr. A lot of ya'll are down on his bat because of his slow start, but go ahead and take another look at his stats. Go ahead and scurry on over to look. Take your time. I'll wait. TCB will still be here after you're done. Finished? Ok. Yeah, you saw that correctly. His OPS is over .700 for the season and the last ten games it's over 1.000! His bat is coming around. He's raw in every facet of the game. But, those are solid numbers.
Oklahoma City lost 10-2
- Henry Villar-5 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 0 SO, 6/7 GO/AO
- Andy Van Hekken-1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Erik Abreu-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO
- Brian Dopirak 1B-1-3, HR, SO
Corpus Christi lost 9-1
- Kyle Greenwalt-5 IP, 10 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO, HR, 5/3 GO/AO-Followed up his previous great start with this...
- Wladimir Sutil SS-2-4, SO
- Jimmy Van Ostrand 1B-2-4, 2B, SO
Lancaster won 5-4
- Jose Cisnero-1 1/3 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 SO, 3/0 GO/AO-He doesn't normally get those groundouts, but that might be the only bright spot. I awarded him pitcher of the week and this is how he repays me!
- Zachary Grimmett-3 2/3 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Wander Alvino-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 SO
- Grant Hogue CF-1-2, 2 BB-Quietly putting together a good season.
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-1-4, 2B, SO
- Jordan Comadena LF-0-1, 2 BB-Left field? Thats new.
Lexington lost 12-11
- Brad Dydalewicz-1 1/3 IP, 4 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 4 BB, SO, HR, 3/0 GO/AO-terrible
- Delino DeShields 2B-3-4, 2B, HR, BB-Awesome game!
- Jio Mier SS-2-5, 2 2B, SB
- Adam Bailey RF-1-5, HR, 2 SO
- Mike Kvasnicka 3B-1-4, 2B, BB, SO
- Dan Adamson CF-3-5, 2B, 2 SO
- Tyler Burnett 1B-1-5, 2B
- Emilio King LF-2-4, HR-Two games, two homeruns, thats how you make a name for yourself.