Well, we already have a some early candidates for next weeks pitcher of the week. Unfortunately, when you pitch this early in the week, you have a second start that can send you crashing back down. We've seen that so many times with Jose Cisnero and Ross Seaton. This week, it's good ol' Folty and Keuchel.
Keuchel wasn't what you would exactly call dominant, but he did pitch a scoreless complete game and that is always a good sign. He's struggled with walks since he came of the DL and he limited those just two while striking out four. He induced his fair share of groundballs which led to most of his sucess. This should build his confidence and hopefully his next start will be dominant.
As for Folty, he turned in arguably his best start as a pro. Six scoreless innings that included just two walks and three hits while striking out five. Although, he allowed more flyballs than groundballs and that's uncharacteristic of him. But, the k's were there and that is a positive and something we haven't seen much of from him this year.
Oklahoma City lost 4-2
- Nelson Figueroa-5 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, HR, 5/2 GO/AO
- Daniel Meszaros-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO-I wish I could have been there.
- Anderson Hernandez 3B-1-3, 2B, BB
- Jose Vallejo 2B-3-4
- Brian Esposito C-2-4
Corpus Christi won 4-0
- Dalls Keuchel-9 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 SO, 10/5 GO/AO-Like I said, early lead...
- Wladimir Sutil SS-2-4, 2B, SB
- David Flores 3B-3-3, 2B
Lancaster lost 5-4
- Robert Donovan-6 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO, 2 HR, 5/4 GO/AO
- Chris Hicks-2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Jay Austin CF-1-4, 2B, BB, SB
- Jonathan Villar DH-2-5, HR, SO
- Kody Hinze 1B-3-4, SO
- Austin Wates LF-1-2, 2 BB, CS, PO
- Jose Carlos Thompson SS-2-4, 2B, SO
- Grant Hogue RF-2-3, 2B, PO
Lexington won 4-1
- Mike Foltynewicz-6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 SO, 3/5 GO/AO-Probably his best start as a pro...
- Gabriel Garcia-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Jorge De Leon-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Chris Wallace C-0-5, 3 SO-Not good...
- Mike Kvasnicka 3B-2-4, 2B, SO
- Dan Adamson CF-2-4, 2 HR-WOW! That was his second and third home runs of the season.
DSL Astros lost 3-1
- Reymin Guduan-1 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 4 BB, SO-He can strike guys out but he just walks way too many guys, it was a problem last season as well.
- Yeudy Perdomo-3 1/3 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 SO-In just one game, he gets more strikeouts than he did in the past two seasons combined.
- Ambiorix De Leon-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Michael Medina 3B-0-2, 2 BB, SO