Sunday might be the best example of how to get off on the right foot to start a week. There were a lot of good performances across the board, even at AAA. Although, it wasn't really good at AAA.
But, what do I want to cover before giving you the highlights? Jose Altuve! What a surprise that he once again had a multi-hit game than included a triple and a walk. His stats are ridiculous on the offensive side of the game and we know he's solid defensively so that won't be holding him back. So, how does it work for Altuve to get to AA? That's the problem. Paredes is blocking him at 2B and his upside gives him everyday playing time. Wladimir Sutil is hitting still but he can't really get moved to AAA because that takes away from Tommy Manzella's playing time and he's still hitting. To make the problem worse, Brandon Wikoff is hitting as well and is even getting time at 3B to get his bat on the field. I honestly don't know how it works. But, I do know that we have a legitimate logjam and thats quite nice. It's been quite a while since we've seen that.
Oklahoma City lost 11-2
- Ryan Rowland-Smith-4 IP, 11 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 4 BB, 3 SO, 2 HR-And he's back...
- Anderson Hernandez 2B, SS-1-4, 2B
- Robinson Cancel C-3-4
Corpus Christi won 3-2
- Ross Seaton-7 1/3 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 SO, 8/4 GO/AO-I'm not looking for a ton of strikeouts from him yet, I just want him to consistently have a good groundball rate.
- Danny Meszaros-1 2/3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Wladimir Sutil SS-1-2, 2 BB
- Brandon Wikoff 3B-2-3
- JD Martinez DH-1-2, 2 BB-He's back and drawing walks.
- Jacob Goebbert LF-1-3, HR, BB, SO-I hope he's finding his power stroke in AA.
Lancaster lost 2-1
- Jake Buchanan-8 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO, 12/4 GO/AO-Thats the Buchanan we've been missing. Great start!
- Jonathan Villar SS-1-3, 3B, SO
- Jose Altuve 2B-2-3, 3B, BB
- Kody Hinze 1B-1-3, 2B
- Jordan Comadena LF-1-3, 2B, SO
Lexington won 9-6
- Juan Minaya-3 2/3 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO, 4/1 GO/AO-Groundouts and strikeouts are there, he just has to be more consistent.
- David Martinez-3 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 2 HR, 7/0 GO/AO-Same thing
- Gabriel Garcia-1 2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO-I like this guy.
- Jio Mier SS-1-5, HR, SO-If he hits two more home runs in his next 55 at-bats, he'll be on his impressive home run pace as he was in rookie ball after being drafted.
- Adam Bailey RF-3-4, 2B-This guys is quite good.
- Chris Wallace DH-2-4
- Mike Kvasnicka 3B-1-3, 2B
- Kike Hernandez LF-2-5
- Roberto Pena C-2-4, SO
- Emilio King CF-3-4-His hitting is getting ridiculous.