The lone Australian in the system (as far as I know) seems to have figured things out. Ryan Rowland-Smith has now strung three consecutive solid starts together. Hyphen last three starts combine for 19 1/3 innings pitched and has allowed just four earned runs in that span. He has allowed four walks and eighteen hits in that span as well but his seventeen strikeouts over those three games makes all of that look a lot better.
With speculation running around that J.A. Happ could be struggling with injury or needing some time off, Hyphen makes that a little more bearable. Without any other options in AAA, a DL stint for a starter likely meant an early call to the golden arm of Jordan Lyles, and that spells disaster. Could Lyles handle it? Sure! Is he an injury risk? Sure, not as bad as any other pitcher his age because of his clean mechanics and lack of an injury history, but that track record for kids his age in the majors is nasty. So, hopefully Hyphen has this figured out and his name will get the call in the event that any rotation pitcher lands on the DL.
Oklahoma City lost 5-4
- Ryan Rowland-Smith-7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 SO, 6/3 GO/AO-He's stringing a few solid games together.
- Andy Van Hekken-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO-Wasn't a fan of him last year when he was so terrible in the rotation, but he's doing really well in the pen.
- David Carpenter-2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Brian Dopirak DH-2-3, 2B, SO
- Brandon Barnes CF-2-4, HR-He has adjusted to AAA and is starting to hit very well.
- Tommy Manzella SS-2-4, HR, SO, CS
Corpus Christi won 5-1
- Jonnathan Aristil-6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO, HR, 7/3 GO/AO
- Danny Meszaros-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO
- TJ Steele CF-2-2, 2 BB, SB, CS, PO
- Jacob Goebbert LF-2-3, 2B, BB, SO
Lancaster lost 12-1
- Robert Donovan-3 2/3 IP, 4 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO, HR, 5/2 GO/AO
- Michael Ness-1 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Jose Altuve 2B-2-4, 2 2B
- Kody Hinze 1B-1-3, 2B, BB, 2 SO
- Ben Heath C-2-3, 2B, BB
- Jordan Comadena DH-2-4
Lexington won 2-1
- Juan Minaya-5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 10 SO, 4/0 GO/AO-He needed a game like this.
- Jorge De Leon-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 SO, 2/3 GO/AO
- Adam Bailey RF-1-3, 2B
Lexington lost 1-0
- David Martinez-3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 SO, 2/1 GO/AO
- Jason Chowning-4 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 SO, 2/1 GO/AO
- Adam Bailey DH-3-3
- Dan Adamson CF-1-1, 2 BB