It's been a round two days in the minors with several players slumping and just having bad games. Although, there are still a few guys who have solid games. Hyphen even produced a very solid start and is starting to pitch like the guy that Ed Wade hoped he would. With pitching staff struggles at the major league level, this gives me some comfort that Lyles won't be called up too soon.
One guy that might be starting to stir up some hype among some fans is is Jacob Goebbert. Not a big name by any means, but it's starting to get bigger. His numbers have never been outstanding, but always pretty solid. He started to make a name for himself when he stepped into the hole left by JD Martinez in Lexington last year and offensively exploded. He stepped in and became the RBI machine that JD was. Aside from hitting five home runs in Lancaster, he started off fairly slow this season. But, he was once again asked to fill JD's hole when JD went on the DL earlier this month and is once again producing. Last night, he blasted his sixth home run for the year and first in Corpus.
He probably doesn't have the power of JD, but he definitely does have more speed and is better on the basepaths. Plus, he has shown a little bit better plate discipline in his career over JD. The one thing that he doesn't exactly compete with JD in, is his ability to hit for average. Goebbert does hit for a good average, but not quite as good as JD.
Oklahoma City won 3-1
- Ryan Rowland-Smith-6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO, 3/5 GO/AO-Solid
- Fernando Rodriguez-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Koby Clemens 1B-2-4, 2B, SO
- Tommy Manzella SS-1-3, 2B, SO
- JB Shuck LF-1-2, BB, SB
Corpus Christi: Off
Lancaster lost 5-2
- Robert Donovan-6 1/3 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 0 SO, 4/11 GO/AO
- Jay Austin CF-2-5, 2B, SO
- Jonathan Villar SS-2-3, 2 BB, SO, SB, CS-Solid game
- Kody Hinze 1B-1-3, 2B, BB
Lexington lost 11-7
- Mike Foltynewicz-4 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO-He pitched into the fifth before being pulled. Not a good night for him.
- Delino DeShields 2B-1-4, 2B, BB, SO, SB
- Adam Bailey RF-1-4, 3B, SO
- Mike Kvasnicka 3B-2-4, SO
- Jhonny Medrano 1B-1-4, 2B, SO
- Emilio King CF-1-4, 2B, SO-Alright, that double is the only reason he doesn't get demoted immediatly!
- Ben Orloff SS-2-4, 2B
Oklahoma City lost 13-3
- Douglass Arguello-5 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 7 SO, HR, 7/2 GO/AO
- Brandon Barnes CF-2-4, 2B
- Max Ramirez C-2-3
- Brian Dopirak 1B-1-4, 2B
- JB Shuck RF-2-4, SO
Corpus Christi lost 10-7
- Ross Seaton-6 IP, 10 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 4/4 GO/AO
- Jeff Keppinger 2B-2-5, 2B
- Jimmy Paredes DH-0-5, 4 SO-That has to be one of the worst games of his career.
- Jacob Goebbert LF-2-5, HR, SO
- TJ Steele CF-2-4
Lancaster lost 5-4
- Jake Buchanan-7 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO, 2 HR, 11/3 GO/AO-He got hurt by the long ball, I'll take it.
- Jonathan Villar SS-0-4, 3 SO
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-1-4, HR, SO
- Jose Carlos Thompson 2B-1-3, HR, SO
- Grant Hogue RF-1-3, 2B
Lexington lost 5-2
- Tanner Bushue-1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO-Pitched in the second and left with the trainer, I haven't seen anything on what the injury is.
- Jorge De Leon-3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 SO
- Jio Mier SS-3-4, 2B
- Mike Kvasnicka DH-2-4