Robby Donovan has always been a mystery to me. He doesn't have great stuff. He doesn't have great control or command. Plus, his groundball rate is typicially just average. But, the guy was successful in Lexington. He had some success after getting called up to Lancaster last season as well. This season, it's mixed reviews. But, last night he dominated. So, how does he get his success. My only guess is that he is a schrewd pitcher. He throws the right pitch at the right time. Honestly, I really have no clue.
My next topic is Tommy Manzella. The guy is hitting in AAA. He is currently supporting a .943 OPS that relies heavily on BA which is being driven by a high BABIP right now. But, he is hitting the ball hard driving it for the most part. Although, he is still striking out a lot. So, Snake's article on MLB Trade Rumors piece about the Astros being sellers at the trade deadline brings my thoughts to Manzella. If he is still hitting in July. I really think we really need to consider unloading Clint Barmes. I think if he continues to hit through June, he would have deserved another shot in the majors.
Oklahoma City lost 6-2 (To Round Rock, how's that for insult to injury)
- Sergio Perez-4 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, BB, SO-Ouch
- Fernando Rodriguez-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 SO
- Wesley Wright-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, SO
- Tommy Manzella SS-3-3, BB, 2 SB
- Koby Clemens 1B-0-4, 4 SO-Bigger Ouch
- Anderson Hernandez 2B-1-4, 3B, 2 SO
- Collin DeLome RF-0-4, 3 SO-Ouch
Corpus Christi won 5-3
- Jonnathan Aristil-6 2/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 6 SO, 2 HR
- David Carpenter-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, SO
- Jimmy Paredes 2B-1-2, HR, BB, SO, 2 SB
- TJ Steele DH-1-4, 2B
- Jimmy Van Ostrand 1B-2-3, 2B, BB, SO
- Andrew Simunic RF-1-4, 3B, 2 SO
Lancaster won 13-3
- Robert Donovan-6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 9 SO, HR, 7/2 GO/AO-Or, maybe he has developed great control and groundball tendencies?
- Jay Austin DH-2-6, 2 SO
- Jose Altuve 2B-2-6, SO, SB
- Austin Wates CF-1-5, HR, BB
- Kody Hinze 1B-2-3, 2 HR, BB, SO-Nice power!
- Jake Goebbert LF-2-5, HR, BB
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-1-6, 2B, 2 SO
- Ben Heath C-2-5, HR
- Miguel Arrendell SS-2-5
- Grant Hogue RF-2-4, HR
Lexington won 2-0
- Tanner Bushue-6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 SO, 7/5 GO/AO-Solid game, but he's gotta develop something for a strikeout pitch.
- Brian Streilein-3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Telvin Nash DH-1-4, 3 SO
- Adam Bailey RF-2-4, SO
- Delino DeShields 2B-1-3, BB, SO, SB