LAKELAND, FL - MARCH 02: Oswaldo Navarro #26 of the Houston Astros looks to the dugout after hitting an eight inning three run home run during the game against the Detroit Tigers at Joker Marchant Stadium on March 2, 2011 in Lakeland, Florida. The Astros defeated the Tigers 6-3. (Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images)
So far, the story lines have been all about the offenses with the pitching lagging behind for the most part. But, things turned around a little bit last night with some solid starting pitching. Each level had a pitcher shine! Sergio Perez pitched like the second rounder he is. Andrew Robinson pitched really well, especially for being in Lancaster. Folty induced groundballs like they were going out of style. Gabriel Garcia and Zachary Grimmett both pitched well in long relief. These pitching staffs are starting to step up and if they continue to improve, we could see some exciting performances this year.
I'll be meeting up again with Astros County tonight for another game at Greer Stadium! Hyphen is supposed to be getting the start so we'll see if he can take a step forward towards contributing to the Astros this season after he signed a guarranteed contract. As for my write-up for the other night is concerned, It's still a work in progress. But, I do have a very short video of Lyles warming up edited and ready to go!
Oklahoma City lost 6-1
- Sergio Perez-6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, BB, 7 SO-Maybe he will put it together this year!
- Collin DeLome CF-0-2, 2 BB, SO
- Brian Bogusevic RF-1-2, 2 BB, SB
- Ozzie Navarro 3B-1-4, 2B, SO
Corpus was off
Lancaster won 4-3 in 12 Innings!
- Andrew Robinson-6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO-Not bad...
- Zachary Grimmett-4 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO
- Kirk Clark-1 1/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, SO
- Jay Austin CF-2-6, SO, SB-A .321 avg. right now is pretty legitimate.
- Jonathan Villar SS-2-5, BB, SO, 3 SB-Yes, you read that correctly, three stolen bases.
- Jose Altuve 2B-1-3, 2 BB, SO-There ya go Timmy, he made it back!
- Ben Heath DH-2-4, 2B-I think they need to start giving him time at 1B, with his bat, he could still make it as a first baseman at this point.
- Kody Hinze 1B-2-6, SO
- Austin Wates RF-2-5, 2B, 2 SO, SB
Lexington lost 1-0
- Mike Foltynewicz-6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 9/4 AO/GO-The k's weren't there but i'll take that stat line any day. It's a step in the right direction!
- Kike Hernandez LF-1-1, 2B, 2 BB, CS
- Tyler Burnett 1B-1-3, 2B
Lexington won 6-4
- Ruben Alaniz-3 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO, 1 HR-The homer was to Bryce Harper...can you blame him?
- Gabriel Garcia-3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 SO-Nice!
- Delino DeShields 2B-1-4, HR, 2 SO, Error-It's nice to see the power but the kid has to stop striking out. Another thing, he has four errors so far, so his adjustment to second is something to keep an eye on.
- Ben Orloff SS-2-4
- Adam Bailey RF-2-3, SO
- Tyler Burnett 1B-2-2, HR, BB-He was feeling it last night!