The minor league regular season is officially over, and I'm sad. In review of the system real quick, there have been ups and downs throughout the season. Jio Mier's stock has dropped way off with a rather disappointing season at the plate in both hitting for average and power. He revived it to an extent with a pretty good second half of the season. J.D. Martinez displayed the complete opposite end of the spectrum. He absolutely mashed for over half of the season and earned a call-up to Corpus where he put up respectable numbers. The system also produced players that have contributed significantly to the major league team in Chris Johnson, Jason Castro, Tommy Manzella, and Wilton Lopez. What has been your favorite part of this minor league season? Who's performance has excited you the most? Which prospect has jumped up your own personal favorite prospect list? Who are you absolutely tired of and don't consider a prospect anymore?
But, don't worry, we still have the potential for a few more recaps this week as I'll have a recap for each of Tri-City's playoff games for as long as they last.
Round Rock lost 4-0
- Josh Banks (4.04)-7 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO-Huh? Really eight strikeouts? Is this the last time I type his name?
- Edwin Maysonet SS (.252)-1-3, 2B
- Farewell to Round Rock as this was likely their last game as an Astros affiliate...
Corpus Christi lost 6-2
- Erick Abreu (3.34)-8 IP, 11 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
- Evan Englebrook (2.96)-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
Lancaster lost 11-4
- Mike Modica (5.10)-4 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 1 HR
- Jay Austin CF (.261)-2-4, 2B, SO, SB
- Mike Ori 1B (.284)-1-4, HR, 3 SO
- Rene Garcia C (.053)-1-4, 2B, SO
Lexington won 6-5
- Luis Cruz (3.61)-6 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 8 SO-Pretty solid way to close out the season.
- Jimmy Paredes 2B (.287)-2-4, BB
- Jio Mier SS (.235)-1-3, 2 BB
- Jake Goebbert LF (.291)-2-5, SB
- Kody Hinze DH (.277)-1-3, HR, BB, SO
- Roberto Pena C (.188)-0-4, 3 SO-Interesting that he's already hitting fifth in the lineup.
- Renzo Tello RF (.244)-3-3, 2 2B