The poll is over and this format wins out. Thanks to Timmy and Jordan Sams for some suggestions. Unfortunately, I will only be able to meet Timmy's. Sorry Jordan! But, if there are any other suggestions, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I forgot to do this in yesterday's post, so I'll put it in this one. Mike Newman released his Mid-Season All-Scouting Team-The Pitchers the other day. Our Tanner Bushue was the fifth ranked starting pitcher. We've said before he is a solid prospect with plenty of upside and projection but he is no Jordan Lyles. He's more raw and has a lower ceiling than Lyles did at this point in his career. Bushue's fastball isn't the best at this point and lacks great velocity. Newman says that it is around 87-88 when he saw him and we've seen from Levine that its more like 89-90. Either way, its not optimal but that's where projection comes in. He has plenty of room to fill out and will likely have a fastball in the low 90s when its all said and done. Newman also calls Bushue's curveball as a potential plus which is extremely nice.
- Corpus Christi 6-2
- Tri-City 5-2
- GCL Astros 4-3
- DSL Astros 4-2
- Round Rock 4-2
- Greeneville 5-4
- DSL Astros 5-4
- Lancaster 14-10
I didn't finish up the Lancaster section so I will finish it at some point in the morning and update it. Sorry guys.
Editor's Note: Updated for Lancaster now. Be sure to see what Albert Cartwright did! It's pretty ridiculous!
- Matt Kata (AAA)-1-4, HR-I know clack hates seeing this guy make any list, but he hit a home run
- Chris Shelton (AAA)-1-4, HR-That's a pretty good way to come back after not playing since May
- Henry Villar (AA)-5.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 SO-More walks with more strikeouts please. But, if you keep the runs down like that, I'll take it.
- Jonathan Gaston (AA)-2-5, SO-Keepin that solid July going.
- J.D. Martinez (AA)-0-2, 2 BB-No hits but an OBP of .500 for a game is nice.
- Kody Kirkland (AA)-1-2, HR, 2 BB, SO, SB-I'm not a big fan of a 27 YO Indy League signee who plays at a level of AA but we didn't really have anyone else who can play the position.
- Lou Santangelo (AA)-2-3, BB
- Jay Austin (A+)-3-4, 2B, BB, SO, SB-This is great news being that all three hits came off of lefties which is who he's struggling against.
- Brian Pellegrini (A+)-0-3, 2 BB, 2 SO-Not a great performance, but not a terrible performance since he drew two walks.
- Lee Cruz (A+)-1-4, 2B, BB
- Albert Cartwright (A+)-3-4, 3 3B, SO, BB-Yeah, you read that right, he hit three triples! Player of the Day by far!
- Brandon Wikoff (A+)-3-4
- Wilton Infante (A-SS)-2-4, SB
- Tyler Burnett (A-SS)-1-4, 3B
- Mike Kvasnicka (A-SS)-2-4, 2B-That average is creeping up!
- Buck Afenir (A-SS)-2-4, SO
- Daniel Adamson (A-SS)-2-4, SO
- Jake Buchanon (A-SS)-5 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO
- Michael Ness (A-SS)-2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 SO
- Ricardo Batista (Rk)-5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 SO, 1 HR
- Ricardo Garcia (Rk)-2-5, 2 2B, BB, SO, SB
- Telvin Nash (Rk)-1-4, HR, SO-Yeah, he hit another homerun...he's been messing with Jay Austin on Twitter about catching up to him and now he has.
- Jose Fernandez (GCL)-1-5, 3B, 2 SO
- Danilo Del Rio (GCL)-7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 SO-Twitter ramblings rumor that this performance could vault him into Farmstro's Five.
- Jose Montero (DSL)-4.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 SO-The 17 YO has been the most impressive starter in the Dominican and he's making me excited with strikeout numbers for someone so young.
- Xavier Baso (DSL)-4.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO-He's the best reliever but he pitches the innings of a starter. I'm guessing he'll eventually be a starter.
- Raymer Lopez (DSL)-1-5, 2 BB, 2 SO, SB-Those two walks are nice.
- Luis De La Rosa (DSL)-4-7, 2B, 3B, SO
POOR-formances of the Day
- Ozzie Navarro (AAA)-0-4, 2 SO
- Shane Loux (AAA)-6 IP, 10 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 1 HR-Thats called being hittable. Somebody tell Ed Wade bad results in AAA don't translate to good results in the majors, no matter how much expereince in the bigs you have.
- Robert Donovan (A+)-3.1 IP, 11 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 1 SO-He was regressing in Lexington and now...
- Mike Modica (A+)-.1 IP, 5H, 6 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO-Thats bad...
- Andrew Simunic (A+)-1-5, 3 SO
- Jamaine Cotton (Rk)-.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO-It was his run that lost the game in extra innings.
- Pedro Feliz (Rk)-0-6, 4 SO-Thats a bad night.
- Chris Wallace (Rk)-1-4, BB, 3 SO
- Carlos Mojica (Rk)-1-4, 3 SO
- Jose Vargas (GCL)-0-5, 2 SO
- Frederick Tiburico (DSL)-1.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 0 SO
- Ydarque Marte (DSL)-0-5, BB
- Jose Solano (DSL)-0-7, SO, BB