- Meanwhile, in the history of mis-manging assets:
- Meanwhile, in the history of quotes that make you chuckle inwardly:
- Then, in the history of quotes that make you chuckle out loud:
- Enough with the bad introductions to quotes. Here's a fitting bit of poetry from the Unofficial Scorer:
- BtB shows graphically, then expounds in words, on just how much the Astros have not gotten out of the guys their paying the big bucks to.
- Richard Justice continues to rub in the fact that he's pretty sure Miguel Tejada won't be donning an Astros uniform in 2010. I'll file this in the folder of things about this team that make me want to slam my head against a wall until I'm too disoriented to think critically about it.
- Finally, I'll file this under things that make me scratch my head and think: What the hell happened:
- HLP Insert: Justin Bopp from Beyond the Boxscore was kind enough to send this story detailing the Astros' payroll vs. performance graph from their blog.
"The last curveball in the fifth it kind of got me a little bit," Oswalt said of his back. "I was trying to get through the heart of the lineup in the sixth, but I didn't have enough to get through it. We're going to see how it feels tomorrow and then decide what we're going to do. It seems like we're kind of beating the bush right now."
There once was a guy named Manzella Who was really a very nice fella But day after day He got no chance to play And, come on, you're out of the playoff race, Miguel Tejada has a .655 OPS since the All-Star Break, he isn't getting any younger, you know exactly what he can and can't do, and I thought nobody was coming up unless he was going to contribute-ella. [apologies for the terrible formatting]
HLP Insert: Justin Bopp, of Beyond the Boxscore, was kind enough to pass along this graph/analysis which focuses on the Astros' payroll vs. their on field value. Unsurprisingly, it isn't pretty, and their outlook for the team isn't too optimistic. How does an 8 year rebuilding period sound??