I didn't see a single second of this game, so my analysis will be skin deep and emphasize what I can glean from the box score.
Things that are good (there will be no corresponding things that were bad):
- Bud Norris' final line: 6IP, 6H, 1R (1ER), 7K, 1BB, 84 pitches (54 strikes).
- Bud Norris' peripherals: 7 K:BB, 10.5 K/9, 8.33 K/100. That's efficiency—which in pitching gets renamed dominance.
- Yorman Bazardo getting tested in the bullpen (something I've been hoping for) and producing a 3K inning. I'll take infinite K:BB ratios and 27 K/9 all day everyday from in the pen.
- Lance Berkman starting a HR streak and sprinkling in a 2B for good measure.
- Kazuo Matsui going 3/4 with a 2B as well.
- Tommy Manzella collecting his first big league hit—a good omen, perhaps?