It's Friday; you made it. The Astros open up the final series of interleague play (thankfully) and HLP and I will be in attendance tonight to see Verlander and Wandy square off. It's going to be a good day—I hope.
- Richard Justice is attributing Lance Berkman's big game yesterday to the recent birth of his daughter. This has to be the first time an employee's performance at work will have been thought to have become better immediately after the birth of a child.
- Alyson Footer champions Moehler's performance yesterday in spite of the ineptitude backing him in the field. Lance Berkman had this to say on the Astros recent stretch of dismal performance defensively:
- Astros.com notes that the bullpen, as of late, has been the only thing the Astros can rely on.
- The Astros come in at 27th again on BtB's power rankings.
- Sky crunches some numbers on the various power rankings over at BtB.
- An interview with seventh rounder Dallas Keuchel.
- Jason Castro and Chia-Jen Lo made the Future's Game.
- Recently signed first round pick, Jiovanni Mier, will be heading to Greenville.
- If you're going to grab a hot dog at your next 'Stros game, consider this tidbit from one of my all time favorites on the web; rest assured I'll be eating a hot dog tonight regardless.
"The defense has been terrible. It cost us the game last night, and today it could have cost us the game. We have to figure something out, a little more intensity and a little more concentration. You can't give teams extra outs in the Major Leagues and expect to win. We have been a good defensive team in the past and there's no reason we can't be. This year we just have to do it."