After my fantasy draft tonight, I started muddling through PECOTA player cards trying to judge which players had ceilings for the upcoming season and which ones had basements. Per usual, I started looking around "Most Comparable Players" section and then wandered into the Astros roster to repeat the same process.
Then I began to notice something.
A lot of Astros players have other Astros as their comparable players, so does that mean there is an Astro-iness that we cultivate as an organization?
More after the jump (JUMP!)
So I'll just throw out the comparable players and that's about it. I'll leave what this finding could mean to the comments. As a methodological note, I limited myself to players the Astros had developed, but not necessarily their comparable player.
- Roy Oswalt: #2 Comparable - Doug Drabek
- Lance Berkman: #3 Comparable - Jeff Bagwell
- Hunter Pence: #1 Comparable - Derek Bell
- Drew Sutton: #3 Comparable - Brooks Conrad
- Miguel Tejada: #18 Comparable: Ivan Rodriguez